Here are a list of our frequently asked questions. Please review and if you have any further questions, please contact us.
1. How will I know if my suit will fit me correctly?
- Your suit is made customarily to your measurements. Height, hip measurements, bra size, whether or not you have implants, and weight loss are always accounted for when making your suit. Also, every client has the opportunity to try her suit on before stones are applied. This way, any necessary adjustments can be done by ahead of time and without crystals getting in the way.
- If you are local to Dallas/Fort Worth, we highly recommend meeting with Maria to have an in-person fitting. If you are not local, your suit will be mailed to you for an online fitting assessment (extra shipping rates apply to clients in Hawaii, Alaska, and countries outside of the US). Upon mailing of the suit, we will follow up with an email listing specific fitting instructions for us to properly assess the fit of each suit. Please refer to our “Terms and Conditions” for more details regarding fittings.
- Be sure to notify us of any special requests for your suit when ordering (i.e. higher bottom cut due to c-section scars, wide-set implants, preference of coverage for bottoms, etc.).
- No, all suits are made completely from scratch, embellished by hand, and customarily made exactly to each client’s liking and measurements. We do everything we can within reason to eliminate any flaws in your suit before the crystals are applied and especially before the final product is delivered. Because of this, suits may not be returned nor exchanged, and no refunds will be granted at any time.
- Goddess Glam suits can be priced anywhere between about $150 and $1200 depending on the amount of crystal coverage, choice in connectors, and whether you embellish with rhinestones or Swarovski crystals. Please see our galleries under the Pricing pages for custom examples and their prices.
- Swarovski crystals are the highest quality and most unique crystals in the world. With a vast variety of cuts, colors, sizes and shapes, there really is no limit to combining these Austrian elements in designing an original creation of a competition suit. Historically, Swarovski has been featured on numerous occasions, such as on the star which tops the Rockefeller Christmas tree in New York City, the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, Phantom of the Opera, Sex and the City 2, and on performance clothing worn by world-renowned celebrities like Michael Jackson and Madonna.
- The vast majority of the style of crystals used on Goddess Glam suits are Xirius flatback crystals, the most advanced cut of Swarovski crystals and with a cut so pristine and luminous that it was named after the brightest star in our galaxy, Sirius.
- Our Budget Bling, or rhinestones, are merely imitation stones of high quality gems, like diamonds, crystals, etc. They cost much less than Swarovski crystals, which in turn lowers the price of a rhinestone-embellished suit to accommodate a lower budget. The color selection for our Budget Bling is extremely limited as we only choose colors that look best on stage, and most of our designs, especially on our figure and women’s physique suits, will only be embellished in Swarovski crystals to preserve the integrity and uniqueness of the design. Our Budget Bling are, of course, not as high of quality, durability and brilliance as Swarovski crystals, however, they certainly get the job done in regard to looking bright and blingy on stage.
- The coverage and cut of your bottoms is strictly dependent on your hip measurements, the development of your glutes, and, of course, your comfort level. We always factor in weight loss when it comes to choosing which size bottoms are right for you. We do not offer our clients the option to choose a bottom cut style (i.e. pro, brazilian, moderate, etc. as is commonly seen with other designers) as we have several bottom patterns to accommodate a variety of hip measurements and heights. We analyze your body stats, choose patterns right for you and then have you try the suit on to assess the fit.
- We typically consult with clients about bikini and figure/physique bottom cuts after we’ve received your measurements. This way we can analyze your stats, make our recommendation, and then see what you are comfortable with. If any changes to the bottoms are necessary after you’ve tried on your suit, we will adjust as needed.
- All bikini bottoms are slightly heart-shaped when cut and have a scrunch in the center of the back to enhance the shape of the glutes. Figure/physique suits are cut to have a sharp, deep V in the front and back without any back scrunch.
- It is important to check your preferred competitive federation’s regulations regarding suit bottom coverage as some organizations will disqualify athletes with inappropriate bottom coverage.
- Yes, one set of foam-padded cups is included with every suit to enhance what you already have. We also offer silicone inserts to fill out and add 1-2 cup sizes to your bust for $16. This option can be selected on our online order form.
- Typical turnaround time for custom bikinis is 5-6 weeks; for figure/women’s physique suits, 8-10 weeks, however, turnaround times may increase/decrease depending on our current volume of orders. It is important to follow and turn on post notifications for our Instagram page, @Goddessglamsuits, for up-to-date turnaround times.
- It is best to spot-treat stains on the inside of the suit with cool to warm water, mild detergent and a soft washcloth for gentle scrubbing enough to remove any excess tan stains. DO NOT machine wash/dry, and no dry cleaning. Our glue used to apply the crystals is water soluble, so hand-washing or soaking your suit in water will soften the glue, which will result in loose or missing crystals.
- Wipe down Swarovski crystals with a microfiber cloth to keep them shining brightly.
- Store your suit in its own case, preferably our Cup Cases, to keep it from rubbing up against other garments, attracting dust, etc. With hologram fabrics, avoid excess exposure to UV rays as this will dull the shine in the fabrics over time.